MIT kerberos and cygwin - Kerberos

This is a discussion on MIT kerberos and cygwin - Kerberos ; Hi all, one can not compile MIT Kerberos 1.5.1 on cygwin, because you does not seem to believe (according to "configure") that it is possible to build shared object libs on this platform, and static libs are not supported any ...

  1. MIT kerberos and cygwin

    Hi all,

    one can not compile MIT Kerberos 1.5.1 on cygwin, because you does not
    seem to believe (according to "configure") that it is possible to build
    shared object libs on this platform, and static libs are not supported
    any longer (according to "configure" as well). Do you plan to support
    static libs in future? Or otherwise do you plan to support cygwin as
    platform as such?

    Best regards, vadim tarassov

  2. Re: MIT kerberos and cygwin

    On Sep 26, 2006, at 15:38, vadim wrote:
    > one can not compile MIT Kerberos 1.5.1 on cygwin, because you does not
    > seem to believe (according to "configure") that it is possible to
    > build
    > shared object libs on this platform,

    The options needed for shared library support vary between systems
    and compilers, and config/shlib.conf just doesn't have the relevant
    information on cygwin yet. You can probably copy a lot of the
    information from some other gcc/binutils based configuration.

    > and static libs are not supported
    > any longer (according to "configure" as well). Do you plan to support
    > static libs in future?

    We don't support them currently, but I'm hoping we can put the
    support back soon. It just hasn't been the priority.

    Ken