Kerberos research paper - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos research paper - Kerberos ; Hello, I am trying to research and write a paper on Security in Communications Network. Since there are so many things to talk about in this area, I am thinking of narrowing my search down to Kerberos. I am not ...

  1. Kerberos research paper

    Hello,

    I am trying to research and write a paper on Security in Communications
    Network.
    Since there are so many things to talk about in this area, I am thinking of
    narrowing my search down to
    Kerberos. I am not familiar with Kerberos even though I have read many
    online articles about it.
    My concern is able to have enough information on Kerberos to write a 12-
    page research paper.
    Do you have any advice for me?

    Thanks for the help,
    Tweedy Loebus
    Sr. Software Engineer at Raytheon

  2. Re: Kerberos research paper

    On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:53:47 -0700
    Tweedy Loebus wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to research and write a paper on Security in Communications
    > Network.
    > Since there are so many things to talk about in this area, I am thinking of
    > narrowing my search down to
    > Kerberos.

    Still too broad. What about "Kerberos"? Choose something specific like say
    PKINIT for example. What problem does it solve? Who invented it? Why does
    RSA work? When should people use it? Blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't worry
    about coming up with enough for 12 pages. This stuff is deep enough that
    you could talk about factoring algorithms and prime numbers for 10 pages
    (Although that would be incredibly boring. It's much better to discuss
    stories about people like how Thompson and Pike came up with UTF-8 in
    a New Jersey diner).

    Mike

    --
    Michael B Allen