SSO and SAP - Kerberos

This is a discussion on SSO and SAP - Kerberos ; Gooday, I would like to know if you have some documentation on setting up SSO to SAP in a Tru64 (Unix) environment using Kerberos. We want the user to be authenticated with the windows logon, so when he opens up ...

  1. SSO and SAP

    Gooday,

    I would like to know if you have some documentation on setting up SSO to
    SAP in a Tru64 (Unix) environment using Kerberos. We want the user to be
    authenticated with the windows logon, so when he opens up the SAP logon
    pad, if he is a valid user on the Domain he will have access to the SAP
    system.

    Many thanks
    Laura

  2. Re: SSO and SAP

    Hi Laura,

    There's a document about SSO config for SAP on Linux:
    http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/ker...er/006640.html

    The general steps are:
    1. Install MIT Kerberos on the Unix machine.
    2. Compile the SAP SNC adapter.
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thre...sageID=2298312
    ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/ietf-work/gssapi/
    3. Follow the general SNC configuration scenario SAP:
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/...b/frameset.htm

    Have a read here too:
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thre...sageID=2298312

    A small note: SAP does not support any problems with the MIT krb and
    the snc adapter is a discontinued product.

    I'm doing the same pilot for AIX 5.3.

    Regards,
    Eric Labiner
    SAP NetWeaver consultant

  3. RE: SSO and SAP

    Laura,

    In addition to Eric's note - You also need to be aware that there are a
    few commercial products available which use Kerberos for SAP Security,
    and SSO, that are fully supported, and some are SAP Certified to work
    with the SNC interfaces, so if your company is planning to use SNC with
    Kereberos, and are concerned about being supported you should consider
    looking at one of the SAP Certified products available which use the SNC
    interface. The SAP website lists them. I can send you the URL if you are
    interested.

    Thanks,
    Tim

    There's a document about SSO config for SAP on Linux:
    http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/ker...er/006640.html

    The general steps are:
    1. Install MIT Kerberos on the Unix machine.
    2. Compile the SAP SNC adapter.
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thre...sageID=2298312
    ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/ietf-work/gssapi/
    3. Follow the general SNC configuration scenario SAP:
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/...9920d1be100000
    00a114a6b/frameset.htm

    Have a read here too: