Need information about krb5-1.5 release - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Need information about krb5-1.5 release - Kerberos ; Hello, I am having some queries regarding the new Kerberos release 1.5. 1. Where can I learn more about , the new feature KDB abstraction layer, donated by Novell included in the Krb5-1.5 release ? 2. Also wanted to know ...

  1. Need information about krb5-1.5 release

    Hello,

    I am having some queries regarding the new Kerberos release 1.5.
    1. Where can I learn more about , the new feature KDB abstraction layer,
    donated by Novell included in the Krb5-1.5 release ?
    2. Also wanted to know if MIT Kerberos 1.5 release adheres to RFC 4120 and
    RFC 4121 ? I was not able to locate this information explicitly anywhere on
    the site or the docs ?
    Your early reply is appriciated.

    Thanks in advance !!!

  2. Re: Need information about krb5-1.5 release

    Hello,
    I got the answer to my first question.
    KDB abstraction layer feature provides an abstraction layer over the native
    kerberos database (KDB) so that Kerberos exploiters can choose to store the
    authentication information in other databases like LDAP. This was basically
    developed by Novell as Novell wanted to haveits LDAP called eDirectory to be
    used as the Kerberos data store for the MIT KDC. This requirement was
    originated from a product called SAMBA which uses Kerberos.

    - Sachin