coverty' static source code analysis & MIT Krb5 Codebase - Kerberos

This is a discussion on coverty' static source code analysis & MIT Krb5 Codebase - Kerberos ; Hi, Has any one looked into working with Coverty ( www.coverty.com ) into using their static soucre code analysis for MIT Krb5 Implementation. From their web site http://scan.coverity.com/ , it appears that they have run their tools on several Opensource ...

  1. coverty' static source code analysis & MIT Krb5 Codebase

    Hi,
    Has any one looked into working with Coverty (www.coverty.com) into
    using their static soucre code analysis for MIT Krb5 Implementation.

    From their web site http://scan.coverity.com/ , it appears that they
    have run their tools on several Opensource projects and working with
    the developers to address the bugs/issues found(under a contract with
    the Department of Homeland Security).

    This looks like something that might be beneficial for the MIT krb5
    source code.

    = Ram Marti

    P.S. I have not used their tools before. I do not work for nor
    affiliated with Coverty in any way..

  2. Re: coverty' static source code analysis & MIT Krb5 Codebase

    Sorry, the we address is http://coverity.com/main.html and the company
    name is Coverity..
    = Ram Marti

    ram_no_spam_marti wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Has any one looked into working with Coverty (www.coverty.com) into
    > using their static soucre code analysis for MIT Krb5 Implementation.
    >
    > From their web site http://scan.coverity.com/ , it appears that they
    > have run their tools on several Opensource projects and working with
    > the developers to address the bugs/issues found(under a contract with
    > the Department of Homeland Security).
    >
    > This looks like something that might be beneficial for the MIT krb5
    > source code.
    >
    > = Ram Marti
    >
    > P.S. I have not used their tools before. I do not work for nor
    > affiliated with Coverty in any way..

  3. Re: coverty' static source code analysis & MIT Krb5 Codebase

    It's been suggested before, and at some point I think it would be a
    good idea. From what I've seen on the Emacs development list
    analyzing the results could be time-consuming, but probably
    worthwhile... when we have time....

    Ken