Kerberos and iTunes - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos and iTunes - Kerberos ; Hello all, I've been trying to put a podcast under Kerberos authentication. We've successfully configured Apache to use Kerberos with a Web browser. However, when I post a .xml file for the podcast, and use the "itpc://" protocol, it will ...

  1. Kerberos and iTunes

    Hello all,

    I've been trying to put a podcast under Kerberos authentication. We've
    successfully configured Apache to use Kerberos with a Web browser.
    However, when I post a .xml file for the podcast, and use the "itpc://"
    protocol, it will bring up iTunes, but will not provide any access to
    the podcast file or associated tracks. It says "An unknown error
    occurred (500)."

    Has anyone ever had success getting iTunes to work with Kerberos?
    Thanks,

  2. Re: Kerberos and iTunes

    On 23 Aug 2006 13:24:56 -0700
    "IUDavid" wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've been trying to put a podcast under Kerberos authentication. We've
    > successfully configured Apache to use Kerberos with a Web browser.
    > However, when I post a .xml file for the podcast, and use the "itpc://"
    > protocol, it will bring up iTunes, but will not provide any access to
    > the podcast file or associated tracks. It says "An unknown error
    > occurred (500)."
    >
    > Has anyone ever had success getting iTunes to work with Kerberos?

    Does iTunes do Kerberos authentication? If so and you have access to
    systems that exhibit the desired behavior then get a packet capture
    using Ethereal, tcpdump or netcap.exe. Then look at it under Ethereal
    to see what it's doing exactly.

    Mike

    --
    Michael B Allen