Is fix for 818173 present in win-xp sp2? - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Is fix for 818173 present in win-xp sp2? - Kerberos ; Hello, Our environment consists of clients on win-xp sp2 with server on win 2k3. Intermittently InitializeSecurityContext() is throwing up SEC_E_NO_CREDENTIALS.Going through I found that we are hitting the issue reported in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818173 . The article pertaining to this do not ...

  1. Is fix for 818173 present in win-xp sp2?

    Hello,
    Our environment consists of clients on win-xp sp2 with
    server on win 2k3.

    Intermittently InitializeSecurityContext() is throwing up
    SEC_E_NO_CREDENTIALS.Going through I found
    that we are hitting the issue reported in
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818173.

    The article pertaining to this do not mention clearly whether this
    issued is fixed in sp2 for XP or not.

    Can you please clarify as to in which SP the fix for
    the issue reported in 818173 has gone in XP, 2K and 2K3.

    If the fix is already there in win-xp sp2 then are we hitting
    another bug?

    Regards,
    Henin.

  2. Re: Is fix for 818173 present in win-xp sp2?

    henin wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Our environment consists of clients on win-xp sp2 with
    > server on win 2k3.
    >
    > Intermittently InitializeSecurityContext() is throwing up
    > SEC_E_NO_CREDENTIALS.Going through I found
    > that we are hitting the issue reported in
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818173.
    >
    > The article pertaining to this do not mention clearly whether this
    > issued is fixed in sp2 for XP or not.
    >
    > Can you please clarify as to in which SP the fix for
    > the issue reported in 818173 has gone in XP, 2K and 2K3.
    >
    > If the fix is already there in win-xp sp2 then are we hitting
    > another bug?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Henin.

    This fix is not available as part of XP SP2. It is available
    as a QFE if you have a support contract with Microsoft.

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread