question about kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on question about kerberos - Kerberos ; greeting to you. I'm ayu, a comp science student. Currently i'm doing a research about Kerberos that have been developed as part of project athenna at MIT. so would you give me an information about the requirement for kerberos and ...

  1. question about kerberos

    greeting to you.

    I'm ayu, a comp science student. Currently i'm doing a research about Kerberos that have been developed as part of project athenna at MIT.

    so would you give me an information about the requirement for kerberos and the authentication dialog in both kerberos Version 4 & 5.

    and also, i will feel glad if you can give me more explanation what is kerberos in general.

    i would like to hear from MIT soon.

    thanks,
    ayu adam

  2. Re: question about kerberos

    On Wednesday, August 16, 2006 08:51:45 AM -0700 Nor Mas Ayu Adam
    wrote:

    > greeting to you.
    >
    > I'm ayu, a comp science student. Currently i'm doing a research about
    > Kerberos that have been developed as part of project athenna at MIT.
    > so would you give me an information about the requirement for kerberos
    > and the authentication dialog in both kerberos Version 4 & 5.
    > and also, i will feel glad if you can give me more explanation what is
    > kerberos in general.
    > i would like to hear from MIT soon.

    If you're doing research, I suggest you do some, instead of asking someone
    else to supply you with the answers. I'll give you three hints as to what
    might be good starting places, depending on the level of detail you need:

    1.
    The first several matches here are reasonable sources on the topic.

    2.
    "Designing an Authentication System: a Dialogue in Four Scenes"
    The canonical basic explanation of the how's and why's of Kerberos.
    Computer Science students should have no trouble following this.

    3. RFC 4120
    The official Kerberos protocol specification.