trying to delete from osx - Kerberos

This is a discussion on trying to delete from osx - Kerberos ; I have Kerberos pop up box asking to be installed and needs a pass word. I have no use of this program but am unable to delete the files or stop the box from coming up. Can you help ? ...

  1. trying to delete from osx

    I have Kerberos pop up box asking to be installed and needs a pass
    word. I have no use of this program but am unable to delete the files
    or stop the box from coming up.
    Can you help ?

    Thank You for your time and support

    Respectfully

    Paul Paluskas
    ppaluskas@comcast.net

  2. Re: trying to delete from osx

    On Aug 14, 2006, at 11:59 PM, paul paluskas wrote:

    > I have Kerberos pop up box asking to be installed and needs a pass
    > word. I have no use of this program but am unable to delete the files
    > or stop the box from coming up.
    > Can you help ?

    Kerberos for Macintosh ships with Mac OS X. As a result there is no
    installation software for it.

    What you are most likely referring to is the Authenticate to Kerberos
    dialog. This dialog appears when an application attempts to use
    Kerberos to authenticate to a server. If you do not want to use
    Kerberos, you need to figure out which application is attempting to
    use Kerberos and modify its preferences to use another authentication
    method.

    Under Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger), the Authenticate to Kerberos dialog
    tells you the name of the application which requested Kerberos
    credentials. Under Panther you will need to experiment and figure
    out which application is running when the dialog appears. While the
    dialog is up the application that requested it will be blocked and
    will have the spinning rainbow cursor so you can wait until it
    happens and then look at your running applications.

    --lxs

    Alexandra Ellwood
    MIT Kerberos Development Team