Problem with principal names - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Problem with principal names - Kerberos ; Hi, I'm new to kerberos. I wish to use Kerberos for password verification on a cyrus imap installation. My problem is, that since we serve multiple domains, the usernames are in the form "username@domain.name" Is it possible to create principals ...

  1. Problem with principal names

    Hi,

    I'm new to kerberos. I wish to use Kerberos for password
    verification on a cyrus imap installation. My problem is, that since we
    serve multiple domains, the usernames are in the form "username@domain.name"
    Is it possible to create principals in the form "user/username@domain.name@REALM.NAME," and if not, is there a workaround? Or am I perhaps misunderstanding the whole thing terribly?

    Thanks,

    Mordur

  2. Re: Problem with principal names

    mit_kerberos@1984.is (Mordur Ingolfsson) writes:

    Morning,

    > I'm new to kerberos. I wish to use Kerberos for password verification
    > on a cyrus imap installation. My problem is, that since we serve
    > multiple domains, the usernames are in the form "username@domain.name"
    > Is it possible to create principals in the form
    > "user/username@domain.name@REALM.NAME," and if not, is there a
    > workaround? Or am I perhaps misunderstanding the whole thing terribly?

    as far as I know, you could have principals like
    "user/domain.name@REALM". Why would you like to have the whole mail
    address in the second part of the principal?

    Regards,

    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread