Question about Installing KDC Server - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Question about Installing KDC Server - Kerberos ; I'm trying to set up my multi-cpu desktop as a standalone cluster. I'm running RH-ELsmp. I've installed the KDC server package & everything went well, including modifying the .conf files for "localhost," creating the database, setting up 1st principal, & ...

  1. Question about Installing KDC Server

    I'm trying to set up my multi-cpu desktop as a standalone cluster. I'm
    running RH-ELsmp. I've installed the KDC server package & everything
    went well, including modifying the .conf files for "localhost," creating
    the database, setting up 1st principal, & starting the krb5kdc, kadmin &
    krb524 services, but then kinit gives the error message:

    [root@star-geezer log]# kinit
    kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting
    initial credentials
    [root@star-geezer log]#

    Is there something wrong with using localhost & LOCALHOST as my domain &
    realm?

    -- Vaughn

  2. Re: Question about Installing KDC Server

    On 2006-08-01 21:15:47 +0200, vcable@jpl.nasa.gov (Vaughn Cable) said:

    > I'm trying to set up my multi-cpu desktop as a standalone cluster. I'm
    > running RH-ELsmp. I've installed the KDC server package & everything
    > went well, including modifying the .conf files for "localhost,"
    > creating the database, setting up 1st principal, & starting the
    > krb5kdc, kadmin & krb524 services, but then kinit gives the error
    > message:
    >
    > [root@star-geezer log]# kinit
    > kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting
    > initial credentials
    > [root@star-geezer log]#
    >
    > Is there something wrong with using localhost & LOCALHOST as my domain & realm?

    You need a FQDN and a realm name, kerberos relies on these.

    --
    Sensei

    The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
    The pessimist fears it is true. [J. Robert Oppenheimer]

+ Reply to Thread