Making Windows 2003 use TCP only - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Making Windows 2003 use TCP only - Kerberos ; I'm running into the proble of Kerberos using UDP over a VPN. I have found lots of information on forcing the client to use TCP instead of UDP. What I'm looking for instead is a way to do it on ...

  1. Making Windows 2003 use TCP only

    I'm running into the proble of Kerberos using UDP over a VPN. I have
    found lots of information on forcing the client to use TCP instead of
    UDP. What I'm looking for instead is a way to do it on the server
    instead. Is it possible to force a Windows2003 server to only use TCP?

  2. Re: Making Windows 2003 use TCP only

    jjvierra@comcast.net wrote:
    > I'm running into the proble of Kerberos using UDP over a VPN. I have
    > found lots of information on forcing the client to use TCP instead of
    > UDP. What I'm looking for instead is a way to do it on the server
    > instead. Is it possible to force a Windows2003 server to only use TCP?

    The server only responds to what the client initiates. If you want
    to prevent the server from receiving requests via UDP you can use a
    firewall port filter.

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread