Newbie question - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Newbie question - Kerberos ; Hi , We are a small community college and we have a Windows 2000 network with one domain and almost all of our computers are on this domain. Our web servers and Database servers are also members of this domain. ...

  1. Newbie question

    Hi ,

    We are a small community college and we have a Windows 2000 network with
    one domain and almost all of our computers are on this domain. Our web
    servers and Database servers are also members of this domain. We were
    looking at SSO and I was wondering if we have to implement MIT Kerberos to
    achieve this or it can be done using the Active directory.

    TIA,
    Firoz.

  2. Re: Newbie question

    Firoz Allahwali wrote:

    > Hi ,
    >
    > We are a small community college and we have a Windows 2000 network with
    > one domain and almost all of our computers are on this domain. Our web
    > servers and Database servers are also members of this domain. We were
    > looking at SSO and I was wondering if we have to implement MIT Kerberos to
    > achieve this or it can be done using the Active directory.

    You can use AD as the Kerberos KDCs.

    Start with a Goolge search for:
    kerberos interoperability site:Microsoft.com

    The http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../kerbstep.mspx
    is a good place to start.

    > TIA,
    > Firoz.