TGS-REP question - Kerberos

This is a discussion on TGS-REP question - Kerberos ; Hi all, I use ethereal to track some kerberos authentication on windows. I notice there are two consecutive trips of TGS-REQ and TGS-REP. I thought it should be only one. However the realm of both TGS-REQ are different. One is ...

  1. TGS-REP question

    Hi all,

    I use ethereal to track some kerberos authentication on windows. I
    notice there are two consecutive trips of TGS-REQ and TGS-REP. I
    thought it should be only one. However the realm of both TGS-REQ are
    different.

    One is cifs and another one is krbtgt.

    What does it indicate?

    Thanks
    Joe

  2. Re: TGS-REP question

    in article 1151937039.473025.255780@h44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com, Joe at
    kuan.joe@gmail.com wrote on 7/3/06 9:30 AM:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I use ethereal to track some kerberos authentication on windows. I
    > notice there are two consecutive trips of TGS-REQ and TGS-REP. I
    > thought it should be only one. However the realm of both TGS-REQ are
    > different.
    >
    > One is cifs and another one is krbtgt.
    >
    > What does it indicate?

    Probably nothing out of the ordinary. One request is for a ticket granting
    ticket, and the cifs one is for a cifs (file service) service ticket. You
    really didn't say what order you got these in, so it would be impossible to
    speculate that the krbtgt came before the cifs.

    Paul

    > Thanks
    > Joe

+ Reply to Thread