Kerberos: How can I lock a user who fail to login after 3 unsuccesfulattempts? - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos: How can I lock a user who fail to login after 3 unsuccesfulattempts? - Kerberos ; Hi, $Subject. client use kerberos for authentication, my question is that is there anything i can do with kerberos server to reach this object? Or anything else can be helpful to this case? thanks ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos...

  1. Kerberos: How can I lock a user who fail to login after 3 unsuccesfulattempts?

    Hi,

    $Subject.
    client use kerberos for authentication,
    my question is that is there anything i can do with kerberos server to
    reach this object?

    Or anything else can be helpful to this case?

    thanks

  2. Re: Kerberos: How can I lock a user who fail to login after 3unsuccesful attempts?

    To my knowledge there is no built-in mechanism to disable a principal
    after a certain number of failed logins. If you have preauth enabled you
    could probably patch the KDC or write a script to monitor your logs.

    However, without preauth the KDC has no idea whether a login attempt
    (kinit) was successful or not.

    -Mike