ktadd from remote server using ssh - Kerberos

This is a discussion on ktadd from remote server using ssh - Kerberos ; Hi I am trying to execute following command from a remote server. # ssh krb.example.com "kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin -q "ktadd -k /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal host/test.example.com"" and getting following message Authenticating as principal abc/admin@EXAMPLE.COM with keytab /etc/krb5/abc.keytab. Usage: ...

  1. ktadd from remote server using ssh

    Hi

    I am trying to execute following command from a remote server.

    # ssh krb.example.com "kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin
    -q "ktadd -k /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal
    host/test.example.com""

    and getting following message

    Authenticating as principal abc/admin@EXAMPLE.COM with keytab
    /etc/krb5/abc.keytab.
    Usage: ktadd [-k[eytab] keytab] [-q] [-e keysaltlist] [principal |
    -glob princ-exp] [...]

    But if execute the same command from krb.example.com it works

    #kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin -q "ktadd -k
    /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal host/test.example.com"

    Authenticating as principal abc/admin@EXAMPLE.COM with keytab
    /etc/krb5/abc.keytab.
    Entry for principal host/test.example.com with kvno 6, encryption type
    DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5 added to keytab
    WRFILE:/var/tmp/test-host.keytab.

    can anyone please help me and let me know what else i need to do to
    make it work from remote server using ssh.

    Thanks,
    -Nitin

  2. Re: ktadd from remote server using ssh

    On 2006-06-23 07:59:45 +0200, ahuja.nitin@gmail.com said:

    > I am trying to execute following command from a remote server.
    >
    > # ssh krb.example.com "kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin
    > -q "ktadd -k /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal
    > host/test.example.com""

    Is this *really* the command line? If so, you might take care of quoting:

    # ssh krb 'kadmin ..."ktadd ..."'

    Read more about the *SH usage and quotes.

    --
    Sensei

    The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
    The pessimist fears it is true. [J. Robert Oppenheimer]

  3. Re: ktadd from remote server using ssh

    Thanks Sensei ! .. it worked.

    -Nitin

    Sensei wrote:
    > On 2006-06-23 07:59:45 +0200, ahuja.nitin@gmail.com said:
    >
    > > I am trying to execute following command from a remote server.
    > >
    > > # ssh krb.example.com "kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin
    > > -q "ktadd -k /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal
    > > host/test.example.com""

    > Is this *really* the command line? If so, you might take care of quoting:
    >
    > # ssh krb 'kadmin ..."ktadd ..."'
    >
    > Read more about the *SH usage and quotes.
    >
    > --
    > Sensei
    >
    > The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
    > The pessimist fears it is true. [J. Robert Oppenheimer]

+ Reply to Thread