apache + kerberos + LDAP - Kerberos

This is a discussion on apache + kerberos + LDAP - Kerberos ; Hey guys, I need to configure apache server authentications using kerberos and user authorization with ldap. do u how to do that.. -- H.K. Aruna Lakmal, No : 02, Alubogaha watta, Anderson Road, Nedimala, Dehiwala. Sri Lanka. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing ...

  1. apache + kerberos + LDAP

    --
    H.K. Aruna Lakmal,
    No : 02,

  2. Re: apache + kerberos + LDAP

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:26:01 +0600
    "Aruna Lakmal" wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    > I need to configure apache server authentications using kerberos and
    > user authorization with ldap.
    > do u how to do that..

    You can use mod_auth_kerb to do authentication and you can use
    mod_auth_ldap to do authorization but I don't think you can use them
    together :-<

    Mike

  3. Re: apache + kerberos + LDAP

    Could you use a php script to do that?

    Michael B Allen wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:26:01 +0600
    >"Aruna Lakmal" wrote:
    >

    >>Hey guys,
    >>I need to configure apache server authentications using kerberos and
    >>user authorization with ldap.
    >>do u how to do that..
    >>

    >You can use mod_auth_kerb to do authentication and you can use
    >mod_auth_ldap to do authorization but I don't think you can use them
    >together :-<
    >
    >Mike

  4. Re: apache + kerberos + LDAP

    MBA> On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:26:01 +0600
    MBA> "Aruna Lakmal" wrote:

    >> Hey guys, I need to configure apache server authentications using
    >> kerberos and user authorization with ldap. do u how to do that..

    MBA> You can use mod_auth_kerb to do authentication and you can use
    MBA> mod_auth_ldap to do authorization but I don't think you can use
    MBA> them together :-<

    Apparently authentication and authorization have been refactored in Apache
    2.2. A quick look recently suggested to me that it might finally be
    possible to properly separate them. I'll be trying this out soon and will
    follow up here on what I find.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net