Encryption types on MIT kerberos for windows inter operability - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Encryption types on MIT kerberos for windows inter operability - Kerberos ; Hi all, I am trying to use the code which is based on MIT Kerberos for inter operability with Windows domain controller as KDC. Can you please tell me what are the encryption types such as DES_CBC_MD5, DES_CBC_CRC which must ...

  1. Encryption types on MIT kerberos for windows inter operability

    Hi all,

    I am trying to use the code which is based on MIT Kerberos for inter
    operability with Windows domain controller as KDC. Can you please tell
    me what are the encryption types such as DES_CBC_MD5, DES_CBC_CRC which
    must be supported on the client side to work with windows Domain
    controller and to successfully interoperate in windows domain and
    connect to other windows machines ?

    Are there any other enc types apart from DES_CBC_MD5, DES_CBC_CRC which
    must be supported for interoperability with windows ?

    Regards,
    Sandy.

  2. Re: Encryption types on MIT kerberos for windows inter operability

    The only other and strongest encryption typeis RC4-HMAC.

    Regards
    Markus

    wrote in message
    news:1146661547.275499.291970@j73g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to use the code which is based on MIT Kerberos for inter
    > operability with Windows domain controller as KDC. Can you please tell
    > me what are the encryption types such as DES_CBC_MD5, DES_CBC_CRC which
    > must be supported on the client side to work with windows Domain
    > controller and to successfully interoperate in windows domain and
    > connect to other windows machines ?
    >
    > Are there any other enc types apart from DES_CBC_MD5, DES_CBC_CRC which
    > must be supported for interoperability with windows ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sandy.

+ Reply to Thread