Error in Network Identity Manager - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Error in Network Identity Manager - Kerberos ; I have installed kfw 3.0 msi Installer on an XP machine running in a AD domain. When I start the Network Identity Manager I get the following error: Cannot proceed without identity provider There is no identity provider currently loaded. ...

  1. Error in Network Identity Manager

    I have installed kfw 3.0 msi Installer on an XP machine running in a AD
    domain. When I start the Network Identity Manager I get the following error:

    Cannot proceed without identity provider
    There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity provider is ...

    The next error is

    Failed toload module MITkrb4

    The DLL containing the module was not of the correct format
    The list of version translations were empty or did not contain a resource
    for the current user or system locale

    Failed toload module MITkrb5

    The DLL containing the module was not of the correct format
    The list of version translations were empty or did not contain a resource
    for the current user or system locale

    What do I need to do to resolve this issue ?

    Thank you
    Markus

  2. Re: Error in Network Identity Manager

    Markus Moeller wrote:
    > I have installed kfw 3.0 msi Installer on an XP machine running in a AD
    > domain. When I start the Network Identity Manager I get the following error:
    >
    > Cannot proceed without identity provider
    > There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity provider is ...

    Markus:

    This is most likely due to a known bug in the NetIDMgr related to
    locales that are not "en_US". This is fixed in the MIT Kerberos SVN
    repository but a new release has not been publicly made available
    including the fix.

    Jeffrey Altman

  3. Re: Error in Network Identity Manager

    Is only the netidmgr affected or the dll's in general ?

    Markus

    "Jeffrey Altman" wrote in message
    > Markus Moeller wrote:
    >> I have installed kfw 3.0 msi Installer on an XP machine running in a AD
    >> domain. When I start the Network Identity Manager I get the following
    >> error:
    >>
    >> Cannot proceed without identity provider
    >> There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity provider is

    > Markus:
    >
    > This is most likely due to a known bug in the NetIDMgr related to
    > locales that are not "en_US". This is fixed in the MIT Kerberos SVN
    > repository but a new release has not been publicly made available
    > including the fix.
    >
    > Jeffrey Altman

  4. Re: Error in Network Identity Manager

    Markus Moeller wrote:
    > Is only the netidmgr affected or the dll's in general ?
    >
    > Markus

    Only NetIDMgr.

+ Reply to Thread