Kerberos V5 supported Character Set - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos V5 supported Character Set - Kerberos ; Hi, This is Praveen. Im trying to configure my application with Kerberos V5. The application Im using is installed in French Windows 2003 server and Im trying to issue a ticket for a French user name (f) .But Im getting ...

  1. Kerberos V5 supported Character Set

    Hi,

    This is Praveen. Im trying to configure my application with Kerberos V5.
    The application Im using is installed in French Windows 2003 server and Im
    trying to issue a ticket for a French user name (f) .But Im getting an
    error message saying that Client not found in Kerberos database while
    getting initial credentials. So can you please tell me if Kerberos supports
    Single-Byte character set. Also multi-byte character set.

    It would be a great help for me if somebody could answer this question.

    Thanks in advance,

    Praveen

    Disclaimer

    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the MailAdmin@in.ness.com and destroy the original message. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Ness has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, and accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted in this email. Ness reserves the rights to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this E-mail address, and store them on the Ness E-mail system.

  2. Re: Kerberos V5 supported Character Set

    Sasi Praveen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is Praveen. Im trying to configure my application with Kerberos V5.
    > The application Im using is installed in French Windows 2003 server and Im
    > trying to issue a ticket for a French user name (f) .But Im getting an
    > error message saying that Client not found in Kerberos database while
    > getting initial credentials. So can you please tell me if Kerberos supports
    > Single-Byte character set. Also multi-byte character set.
    >
    > It would be a great help for me if somebody could answer this question.

    Please see section 5.2.1 KerberosString of "Kerberos V5" (RFC 4120)

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4120.txt

    Only characters that can be represented by US-ASCII are guaranteed to
    be interoperable.

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread