First of all - the changes you are introducing will violate all kerberos
specs - you are making a change that is incompatible with the world.

That said - you are not indicating the changes to the encoder that you
are using - but you are indicating that the decoder must have that
optional part - if it is not sent to you - the decoding will fail...
As I said - you are now incompatible with the rest of the world/clients...
I suspect that someone has sent you a ticket w/o the changes you are
introducing...

You need to indicate that the field is an optional one - and not
mandatory. There are examples in the same file...

Ezra