/usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt equivalent in KRB5? - Kerberos

This is a discussion on /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt equivalent in KRB5? - Kerberos ; When using kerberos 4 on my SP System (AIX 5.1) I used the command: /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt rcmd $HOSTNAME to get a TGT in a script. Is there any equivalent in kerberos 5? Thanks Miles...

  1. /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt equivalent in KRB5?

    When using kerberos 4 on my SP System (AIX 5.1) I used the command:
    /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt rcmd $HOSTNAME

    to get a TGT in a script.

    Is there any equivalent in kerberos 5?

    Thanks Miles

  2. Re: /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt equivalent in KRB5?

    miles purdy writes:

    > When using kerberos 4 on my SP System (AIX 5.1) I used the command:
    > /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt rcmd $HOSTNAME

    > to get a TGT in a script.

    > Is there any equivalent in kerberos 5?

    kinit supports obtaining credentials directly from a keytab in Kerberos 5.

    If you need more sophisticated functions, take a look at:

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

  3. Re: /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt equivalent in KRB5?

    MP> When using kerberos 4 on my SP System (AIX 5.1) I used the
    MP> command: /usr/kerberos/bin/ksrvtgt rcmd $HOSTNAME

    MP> to get a TGT in a script.

    MP> Is there any equivalent in kerberos 5?

    kinit -k -t keytab foo@REALM

    where "keytab" holds the key for that principal (e.g. created with kadmin
    "ktadd -k keytab foo@REALM").

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net