Authentication error: Failed reading application request - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Authentication error: Failed reading application request - Kerberos ; Can anyone help me shed some light on this error? I've got OpenAFS using an MIT Kerberos server with LDAP running and everything is great except we are unable to change our passwords via kpasswd (the MIT version). To be ...

  1. Authentication error: Failed reading application request

    Can anyone help me shed some light on this error?

    I've got OpenAFS using an MIT Kerberos server with LDAP running and
    everything is great except we are unable to change our passwords via
    kpasswd (the MIT version). To be truthful, I don't even know where to
    begin.

    Any help would be great,

    Pucky

  2. Re: Authentication error: Failed reading application request

    Pucky wrote:
    > Can anyone help me shed some light on this error?
    >
    > I've got OpenAFS using an MIT Kerberos server with LDAP running and
    > everything is great except we are unable to change our passwords via
    > kpasswd (the MIT version). To be truthful, I don't even know where to
    > begin.
    >
    > Any help would be great,
    >
    > Pucky

    Perhaps you are behind a NAT. The Kerberos Change Password protocol
    uses channel bindings and if you are behind a NAT the bindings will
    be wrong.

    Jeffrey Altman

  3. Re: Authentication error: Failed reading application request

    Thanks for the reponse Jeffrey, it ended up being a baddly configured
    KDC, I created the KDC based upon a HOW-TO that said to use -e
    des-cbc-crc:normal while creating the database and user
    accounts.(everything worked except kpasswd) Then I started from scratch
    without the above and everything works perfect. LDAP,Kerberos,OpenAFS,
    and kpasswd works now.

    Again thanks for the response.

    Pucky

+ Reply to Thread