Problem in running Kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Problem in running Kerberos - Kerberos ; Hi I have setup a Kerberos server implementation on Fedora Core2. The Krb5kdc daemon is started using the command 'krb5kdc start' and seems to run fine. But when I start the Kadmin daemon using the command 'Kadmin start', the following ...

  1. Problem in running Kerberos

    Hi

    I have setup a Kerberos server implementation on Fedora Core2.

    The Krb5kdc daemon is started using the command 'krb5kdc start' and
    seems to run fine.

    But when I start the Kadmin daemon using the command 'Kadmin start', the
    following error is thrown

    Kadmin: Missing parameters in krb5.conf required for Kadmin client while
    initializing Kadmin interface.

    I have run kdb5_util and created a database and then run Kadmind to add
    a user 'admin/admin' with full privileges.

    The Kadmind daemon seems to run fine and listens on port 749.

    However 'Kadmin start' displays the error message mentioned above.

    I have attached a copies of my krb5.conf and kdc.conf.

    Regards

    Vikram Sitaram

    Thanks and Regards

    Vikram Sitaram

    This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intendedsolely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intendedrecipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the originalmessage. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mailor its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonableprecaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you maysustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out yourown virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reservesthe right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to orfrom this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address maybe stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

  2. Re: Problem in running Kerberos

    I notice that the conf file is not sent. Can you send it ( copy paste
    :-)