Dear All,

Sometime back, we installed Linux AS 4 on one of our HP Xeon box. We are
not sure whether kerberos 5 has been successfully installed or who or how
login.krb5 got enabled on the box. Whenever anyone does telnet to this
box, it takes about 3-4 minutes to get $ prompt after typing userid and
password. It seems it is waiting for something and at the end it times
out. While running ps -aef from other terminal, we came to know that
process is running login.krb5.

At the end it displays messages:
login: Resource temporarily unavailable while getting initial credentials

I get similar message if I try kinit or kadmin.

We want to uninstall or disable kerberos authentication. I looked at
/etc/krb5.conf. Path to kdc.conf mentioned in that file does not exist. I
tried after creating zero byte file there but it did not help :-(

Is there a way I can verify the installation?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Shailesh Raval
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: shailesh.raval@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you