Lock Principals - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Lock Principals - Kerberos ; Hi, I have a MIT KDC running on Debian 3.1 set up with Pre-Authentication. Is there a possibility to lock principals if the Pre-Authentication fails to often? Regards, Mike ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos...

  1. Lock Principals

    Hi,

    I have a MIT KDC running on Debian 3.1 set up with Pre-Authentication.

    Is there a possibility to lock principals if the Pre-Authentication
    fails to often?

    Regards,
    Mike

  2. Re: Lock Principals

    Michael> Hi, I have a MIT KDC running on Debian 3.1 set up with
    Michael> Pre-Authentication.

    Michael> Is there a possibility to lock principals if the
    Michael> Pre-Authentication fails to often?

    It's possible to make modifications to the KDC to do this, but the kdc
    as shipped does not support this. I think you may be able to get this
    behavior with a #define in the code.

    --Sam

  3. Re: Lock Principals

    There is an undocumented feature to update the database, which will
    allow you to disable accounts if they fail a number of times. You need
    to look in the configuration file to see how to enable it.