libkrb5support On OS X 10.3 - Kerberos

This is a discussion on libkrb5support On OS X 10.3 - Kerberos ; Hello. I'm trying to build OpenAFS with krb5 support on 10.3.9 with the MIT Kerberos Extras installed, but it seems like I'm missing some krb5 libraries. Basically, on a 10.4.2 machine, I have a /usr/lib/libkrb5support.dylib while on the 10.3.9, it's ...

  1. libkrb5support On OS X 10.3

    Hello.

    I'm trying to build OpenAFS with krb5 support on 10.3.9 with the MIT
    Kerberos Extras installed, but it seems like I'm missing some krb5
    libraries. Basically, on a 10.4.2 machine, I have a
    /usr/lib/libkrb5support.dylib while on the 10.3.9, it's missing. Also,
    I'm missing a krb5-config script, which makes me believe other things
    may be missing.

    Did I miss installing a package, or is there anything special I need to
    do? I was under the impression that OS X 10.2+ came with Kerberos 5
    support.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: libkrb5support On OS X 10.3

    Mike> 10.4.2 machine, I have a /usr/lib/libkrb5support.dylib while
    Mike> on the 10.3.9, it's missing.

    It is only needed for MIt Kerberos 1.4 and greater. Mac OS X 10.3 is
    based on Kerberos 1.3 so it does not have the support library.

    Mike> Also, I'm missing a
    Mike> krb5-config script, which makes me believe other things may
    Mike> be missing.

    We did not ship krb5-config on 10.3.

    Mike> Did I miss installing a package, or is there anything
    Mike> special I need to do? I was under the impression that OS X
    Mike> 10.2+ came with Kerberos 5 support.

    Your understanding is correct. If OpenAFS requires krb5-config then
    you will need to do some extra work to get it building on 10.3.9.