Install Kerberos Fedora - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Install Kerberos Fedora - Kerberos ; How do I install Kerberos on a Fedora system. I'm new to Linux and can't get how to do it from the instructions I found on the internet....

  1. Install Kerberos Fedora

    How do I install Kerberos on a Fedora system. I'm new to Linux and can't get
    how to do it from the instructions I found on the internet.

  2. Re: Install Kerberos Fedora

    On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 13:02 +0800, Guus Ellenkamp wrote:
    > How do I install Kerberos on a Fedora system. I'm new to Linux and can't get
    > how to do it from the instructions I found on the internet.

    Last I looked, MIT Kerberos came pre-installed on all versions of
    Fedora. If you, by any chance, selected it to not be installed, try the
    following:

    yum install krb5-workstation pam_krb5

    And, if you need it:

    yum install krb5-server

    Hope it helps,
    Fredrik Tolf

  3. Re: Install Kerberos Fedora

    Thanks a lot! It worked!

    I'm used to windows install. Do you know any other way of finding the proper
    packages names that exist? I also want to install Firefox.

    "Fredrik Tolf" wrote in message
    news:1128124802.15487.16.camel@pc7.dolda2000.com.. .
    > On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 13:02 +0800, Guus Ellenkamp wrote:
    >> How do I install Kerberos on a Fedora system. I'm new to Linux and can't
    >> get
    >> how to do it from the instructions I found on the internet.

    > Last I looked, MIT Kerberos came pre-installed on all versions of
    > Fedora. If you, by any chance, selected it to not be installed, try the
    > following:
    >
    > yum install krb5-workstation pam_krb5
    >
    > And, if you need it:
    >
    > yum install krb5-server
    >
    > Hope it helps,
    > Fredrik Tolf

  4. [OT] Re: Install Kerberos Fedora

    On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 11:38 +0800, Guus Ellenkamp wrote:
    > Thanks a lot! It worked!
    >
    > I'm used to windows install.

    Poor bastard.

    > Do you know any other way of finding the proper
    > packages names that exist? I also want to install Firefox.

    Well, most packages follow (very) loosely defined standards, so it's
    usually possible to guess the names. Firefox, for instance, is probably
    "firefox" or "mozilla-firefox". You'll probably learn the standards over
    time.

    If you can't seem to find the package you're searching for, though, yum
    does have a search function. Try, for example:

    yum list '*firefox*'
    yum list '*krb5*'

    Or, if you're so inclined, even:

    yum list '*'

    Be prepared for a rather long list in the last case, however.

    Fredrik Tolf