time server - Kerberos

This is a discussion on time server - Kerberos ; Time.rose-hulman.edu is a time server and ntpd will synchronize to it. The time client in Leash does not recognize that as a time server though. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos...

  1. time server

    Time.rose-hulman.edu is a time server and ntpd will synchronize to it.
    The time client in Leash does not recognize that as a time server
    though.

  2. Re: time server

    Gurganus, Brant L wrote:

    > Time.rose-hulman.edu is a time server and ntpd will synchronize to it.
    > The time client in Leash does not recognize that as a time server
    > though.

    time.rose-hulman.edu supports ntpd. It does not offer the "time"
    service. KFW does not support NTP. All modern versions of Windows
    have built in NTP clients. You should use the Windows time
    synchronization and not that provided within Leash.

    Jeffrey Altman

    --
    -----------------

  3. Re: time server

    On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 03:29:08 AM -0500 "Gurganus, Brant L"
    wrote:

    > Time.rose-hulman.edu is a time server and ntpd will synchronize to it.
    > The time client in Leash does not recognize that as a time server
    > though.

    I suggest you ignore the time-setting stuff in Leash, and instead run a
    proper NTP client. Current versions of Windows ship with one, and come
    preconfigured to synchronize against either the domain controllers or a set
    of public time servers operated by Microsoft.