Kerberos 4 Authentication - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos 4 Authentication - Kerberos ; Using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, I am trying to get a Kerberos 4 ticket for cs.rose-hulman.edu (KDC: galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu). When I do so with what I am 100% sure is a correct password, I get a bad password error code. I ...

  1. Kerberos 4 Authentication

    Using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, I am trying to get a Kerberos 4 ticket
    for cs.rose-hulman.edu (KDC: galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu). When I do so
    with what I am 100% sure is a correct password, I get a bad password
    error code. I double checked that the times on the client system and
    the KDC are the same, and they are. Are there any other reasons that I
    would get a bad password error code when the password is correct? I
    have yet to find an answer in searching the Web.

  2. Re: Kerberos 4 Authentication

    Gurganus, Brant L wrote:

    > Using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, I am trying to get a Kerberos 4 ticket
    > for cs.rose-hulman.edu (KDC: galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu). When I do so
    > with what I am 100% sure is a correct password, I get a bad password
    > error code. I double checked that the times on the client system and
    > the KDC are the same, and they are. Are there any other reasons that I
    > would get a bad password error code when the password is correct? I
    > have yet to find an answer in searching the Web.

    This KDC is an OpenAFS 1.0.4 kaserver. Does obtaining a TGT fail with

    kinit -4 user@CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU

    and succeed with

    klog user@cs.rose-hulman.edu

    with the same password?