Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows - Kerberos ; Hi, I am new to Kerberos. I am trying to build MIT Kerberos for Window from the source files that I downloaded to from http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist....html#KFW2.6.5 I have followed the steps in the release notes but couldn't able to build it ...

  1. Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

    Hi,

    I am new to Kerberos. I am trying to build MIT Kerberos for Window from
    the source files that I downloaded to from
    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist....html#KFW2.6.5

    I have followed the steps in the release notes but couldn't able to
    build it successfully. I have tried to build it on a Windows 2003
    development environment as well as on Windows XP environment.

    On the windows 2003 environment, it complaints about "No Target
    Architecture" when one of the module tries to include the "WINNT.h" file
    from the platform SDK directory (the latest one) and I couldn't move
    further.

    On the XP environment, I got the error "The NTVDM has encountered an
    illegal instruction CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0e 02 or
    message for all of the awk linking or compiling step." When awk
    (CYGWIN tool) tries to link or compile the programs. If I ignore these
    errors, I run into several "unresolvable external symbol" problems.

    I am trying to build the debug version of gssapi32.lib for windows. So
    that I can step into the gss_accept_security_context implementation from
    my program.

    Currently GSS_Accept_security_context method don't return me a "AP-REP"
    though the AP-REQ has mutual authentication bit set. It just return
    the user principal in the output token and return me GSS_Complete.

    Thanks

    Siva

  2. Re: Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

    The only Platform SDK that is supported is the "Windows XP SP2 Platform
    SDK". The compiler that is used to build it is VS.NET 2003. It
    sounds like you must obtain a version of awk that works as well.

    Jeffrey Altman