Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet - Kerberos ; Hi NG, I use Java 1.4.2 and a Servlet in which I do a password authentication against the Active Directory. It works fine but I have the problem if User has a password shorter then 6 characters the login will ...

  1. Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet

    Hi NG,

    I use Java 1.4.2 and a Servlet in which I do a password authentication
    against
    the Active Directory. It works fine but I have the problem if User has
    a password shorter then 6 characters the login will fail.
    (Preauthentication Error).
    The User has no problem if he log on an windows maschine or on a linux
    maschine (the linux maschine will use kerberos and the same krb5.conf
    authenticate against the Active Directory) but the servlet won't do it.

    Any Ideas? Are there restictions/rules in java or something else?

    Chris

  2. Re: Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet

    There are no restrictions to password length in Java. Check your Java
    Servlet code. Possibly you have specified a password size in the HTML file.

    Seema

    horser@gmx.de wrote:

    >Hi NG,
    >
    >I use Java 1.4.2 and a Servlet in which I do a password authentication
    >against
    >the Active Directory. It works fine but I have the problem if User has
    >a password shorter then 6 characters the login will fail.
    >(Preauthentication Error).
    >The User has no problem if he log on an windows maschine or on a linux
    >maschine (the linux maschine will use kerberos and the same krb5.conf
    >authenticate against the Active Directory) but the servlet won't do it.
    >
    >Any Ideas? Are there restictions/rules in java or something else?
    >
    >Chris

  3. Re: Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet

    Hi Seema,

    Seema Malkani schrieb:

    > There are no restrictions to password length in Java. Check your Java
    > Servlet code. Possibly you have specified a password size in the HTML file.
    >
    > Seema

    no, my html code is very simple:

    Username:
    Password: