From: kerberos-bounces@MIT.EDU [mailto:kerberos-bounces@MIT.EDU] On
Behalf Of Markus Moeller
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 2:38 PM
To: kerberos@MIT.EDU
Subject: Service Principal Names (SPNs) on Windows

When I read lately about setspn on w2k/w2k3 I noticed that the SPN can
be service/hostort
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...y/en-us/ad/ad/
name_formats_for_unique_spns.asp)
with a comment that ort can be used to differentiate between multiple
instances of the same service class.
Does anybody know if this is only for non-Kerberos use ? If not how does
it work with Kerberos ? Can I have two webservers on the same host
listening on port 80 and 81with two different SPNs (e.g. HTTP/host and
HTTP/host:81) ?
I saw the port being used for SPNs in SQL setups too.

Thanks
Markus