Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support - Kerberos ; I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with Windows XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers. We also use Exchange 2003 server for mail services and Entourage 2004 client for Mac. Thanks Chris Wspanialy ______________________________ Network ...

  1. Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

    I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with Windows
    XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.

    We also use Exchange 2003 server for mail services and Entourage 2004
    client for Mac.

    Thanks

    Chris Wspanialy
    ______________________________
    Network Analyst
    Ontario Teachers Federation
    Phone: 416-966-3424 ext 630
    mailto:chris.wspanialy@otffeo.on.ca

  2. Re: Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

    chris.wspanialy@otffeo.on.ca ("chris wspanialy") writes:

    > I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with
    > Windows XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.

    MacEnterprise has a QT webcast on integrating Panther into Active
    Directory:

    http://macenterprise.org/content/view/50/42/

    AFAIK there hasn't been any major change in Kerberos in Tiger. It's
    MIT-based and you can see the ChangeLog at:

    http://www.opensource.apple.com/darw...tion/ChangeLog

    You may also want to check out the Mac newsgroups (comp.sys.mac.*).

    --
    David Magda

  3. Re: Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

    On Jul 14, 2005, at 7:22 PM, David Magda wrote:

    > chris.wspanialy@otffeo.on.ca ("chris wspanialy") writes:
    >

    >> I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with
    >> Windows XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.
    >>

    > MacEnterprise has a QT webcast on integrating Panther into Active
    > Directory:
    >
    > http://macenterprise.org/content/view/50/42/
    >
    > AFAIK there hasn't been any major change in Kerberos in Tiger. It's
    > MIT-based and you can see the ChangeLog at:
    >
    > http://www.opensource.apple.com/darw...4/Kerberos-62/
    > KerberosFramework/Kerberos5/Documentation/ChangeLog

    Those are just the release notes for krb5-1.4 which shipped as part
    of Kerberos for Macintosh 5.5 in Tiger. For the KfM 5.5 release
    notes see <http://web.mit.edu/macdev/KfM/Common/Documentation/
    release-5.5.html>. In addition to the changes in KfM 5.5, Apple has
    also made extensive changes to the Active Directory support in Tiger.

    --lxs

    Alexandra Ellwood
    MIT Kerberos Development Team