Decrypting a kerberos session - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Decrypting a kerberos session - Kerberos ; Hi, I wish to intercept traffic from the client to a server and decrypt it. The messages are encrypted (keys are setup via kerberos KR5). To do the decryption, I would need the server's long term key (the long term ...

  1. Decrypting a kerberos session

    Hi,
    I wish to intercept traffic from the client to a server and decrypt it.

    The messages are encrypted (keys are setup via kerberos KR5).

    To do the decryption, I would need the server's long term key (the long

    term key that is stored in and maintained by the kerberos key
    distribution center KDC).

    On windows server operating systems, how can I get a server's (say file

    server's) long term key from the KDC (domain controller)? This is the
    key that would have been generated when the file server joined the
    domain.

    Obviously I am assuming I have admin access to the domain controller...

    Thanks
    Lyle

  2. Re: Decrypting a kerberos session

    Hi Lyle,
    I guess the following information will be helpful to
    you..

    http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/present...trafic_en.html

    Regards,
    Mukul

    --- x_coder@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I wish to intercept traffic from the client to a
    > server and decrypt it.
    >

    > The messages are encrypted (keys are setup via
    > kerberos KR5).
    >

    > To do the decryption, I would need the server's long
    > term key (the long
    >

    > term key that is stored in and maintained by the
    > kerberos key
    > distribution center KDC).
    >

    > On windows server operating systems, how can I get a
    > server's (say file
    >

    > server's) long term key from the KDC (domain
    > controller)? This is the
    > key that would have been generated when the file
    > server joined the
    > domain.
    >

    > Obviously I am assuming I have admin access to the
    > domain controller...
    >

    > Thanks
    > Lyle

  3. Re: Decrypting a kerberos session

    Thanks Mukul.. but that didnt help much... what I really need to get at
    is how one can get the principal's long term key so as to decrypt the
    kerberos session ticket and get the underlying ticket to decrypt the
    rest of the kerberized stream

    Thanks
    Lyle

+ Reply to Thread