Stash File - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Stash File - Kerberos ; Hello, Is there a need to backup the stash file. If I have understood write when creating a slave KDC and running the command kdb5_util stash the stash file is created. Is this correct? M. __________________________________________________ _______________ Express yourself instantly ...

  1. Stash File

    Hello,

    Is there a need to backup the stash file. If I have understood write when
    creating a slave KDC and running the command kdb5_util stash the stash file
    is created.
    Is this correct?

    M.

  2. Re: Stash File

    "Manel Euro" writes:

    > Is there a need to backup the stash file. If I have understood write when
    > creating a slave KDC and running the command kdb5_util stash the stash
    > file is created.
    > Is this correct?

    If you have the password that you used to create the stash file, you can
    always recreate the stash file. Since the slave KDCs all have a copy of
    the stash file, one could also argue that the slave KDCs are backups of
    the stash file (and the database).

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

+ Reply to Thread