Windows KDC interoperablity with linux clients - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Windows KDC interoperablity with linux clients - Kerberos ; Hi, I am trying to use no windows clienst to use Windows as KDC. Does the non windows clients need to be part of the domain ? - mdj_frend....

  1. Windows KDC interoperablity with linux clients

    Hi,

    I am trying to use no windows clienst to use Windows as KDC. Does the
    non windows clients need to be part of the domain ?

    - mdj_frend.

  2. Re: Windows KDC interoperablity with linux clients

    mdj_frend@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to use no windows clienst to use Windows as KDC. Does the
    > non windows clients need to be part of the domain ?

    If you want to be able to use kerberos for login to the machine then
    you should have assigned to the machine a "host/machine.name@DOMAIN"
    service principal and install the key for this service principal in
    the /etc/krb5kt keytab file.

    In addition, the /etc/krb5.conf file should list the DOMAIN as the
    default realm.

+ Reply to Thread