Windows KDC and unix client - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Windows KDC and unix client - Kerberos ; Hi, I am looking in to using windows DC as KDC and would like to use unix clients with it. Does the unix clients needs be part of windows domain ? Also does kerbeors authenticates machines or users? Thanks, mdj_frend...

  1. Windows KDC and unix client

    Hi,

    I am looking in to using windows DC as KDC and would
    like to use unix clients with it. Does the unix
    clients needs be part of windows domain ?

    Also does kerbeors authenticates machines or users?

    Thanks,
    mdj_frend

  2. Re: Windows KDC and unix client

    See:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000.../kerbsteps.asp

    (Is there a FAQ for this list?)

    -Jeff

    Jeffrey Albro | Systems Administrator | Boston University
    - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering -
    jalbro@bu.edu | Photonics, Room 305 | 617-358-2785