RE: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind - Kerberos

This is a discussion on RE: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind - Kerberos ; A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense that we aren't losing our marbles. I guess now, we just have to wait for the bug to get fixed. Unfortunately, this is now one of two issues that ...

  1. RE: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind

    A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense that we aren't
    losing our marbles. I guess now, we just have to wait for the bug to get
    fixed. Unfortunately, this is now one of two issues that hold back any
    Solaris 10 rollout for us.

    Thanks to everyone for your help on this. We'll keep our eyes open for
    the bug fix from Sun in their weekly patch club report.

    Rainer Heilke

  2. Re: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind

    Heilke,> A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense
    Heilke,> that we aren't losing our marbles. I guess now, we just
    Heilke,> have to wait for the bug to get fixed. Unfortunately,
    Heilke,> this is now one of two issues that hold back any Solaris
    Heilke,> 10 rollout for us.

    I'm not sure there is a bug here. Neither MIT nor Sun have claimed
    support for kadmind supporting multiple realms.

  3. Re: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind

    On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:20:07PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

    > Heilke,> A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense
    > Heilke,> that we aren't losing our marbles. I guess now, we just
    > Heilke,> have to wait for the bug to get fixed. Unfortunately,
    > Heilke,> this is now one of two issues that hold back any Solaris
    > Heilke,> 10 rollout for us.
    >

    > I'm not sure there is a bug here. Neither MIT nor Sun have claimed
    > support for kadmind supporting multiple realms.

    Right.

  4. Re: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind

    Heilke, Rainer wrote:

    > A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense that we aren't
    > losing our marbles. I guess now, we just have to wait for the bug to get
    > fixed. Unfortunately, this is now one of two issues that hold back any
    > Solaris 10 rollout for us.

    Well it may be a bug, but since our production KDCs and kadmind are
    serving a single realm, and the server is in that realm its not
    going to stop us. It was the test environment that was the problem.

    P.S. What is the other issue?

    --

    Douglas E. Engert
    Argonne National Laboratory
    9700 South Cass Avenue
    Argonne, Illinois 60439
    (630) 252-5444

  5. Re: Using Solaris 10 kadmin with MIT 1.4.1 kadmind

    On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:13:23PM -0600, Heilke, Rainer wrote:
    > A bug... Well, that makes us feel better in the sense that we aren't
    > losing our marbles. I guess now, we just have to wait for the bug to get
    > fixed. Unfortunately, this is now one of two issues that hold back any
    > Solaris 10 rollout for us.
    >
    > Thanks to everyone for your help on this. We'll keep our eyes open for
    > the bug fix from Sun in their weekly patch club report.

    Sam's statement about MIT support for multiple realms in kadmind
    convinces me that this is an RFE, not a bug.

    I can file one if you want.

    Nico