ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos? - Kerberos

This is a discussion on ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos? - Kerberos ; I want to build ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 (Panther) so that it will use the same credentials as the built-in Kerberos. After hacking away at the ckermit make file, I came up with this: cc -o wermit \ ckcmai.o ...

  1. ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos?

    I want to build ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 (Panther) so that it will use
    the same credentials as the built-in Kerberos. After hacking away at
    the ckermit make file, I came up with this:

    cc -o wermit \
    ckcmai.o ckclib.o ckutio.o ckufio.o \
    ckcfns.o ckcfn2.o ckcfn3.o ckuxla.o \
    ckcpro.o ckucmd.o ckuus2.o ckuus3.o \
    ckuus4.o ckuus5.o ckuus6.o ckuus7.o \
    ckuusx.o ckuusy.o ckuusr.o ckucns.o \
    ckudia.o ckuscr.o ckcnet.o ckusig.o \
    ckctel.o ckcuni.o ckupty.o ckcftp.o \
    ckuath.o ck_crp.o ck_ssl.o -lssl -lncurses -lresolv -lgssapi_krb5
    -lcrypto -lcom_err
    ld: Undefined symbols:
    _gss_mech_krb5
    _decode_krb5_ticket
    _krb5_init_ets
    _krb5_read_message
    _krb5_write_message
    make[1]: *** [xermit] Error 1
    make: *** [macosx103+krb5] Error 2

    What's weird is that those symbols are all defined in
    /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib:

    $ nm /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib | egrep '_gss_mech_krb5|_decode_krb5_ticket|_krb5_init_ets |_krb5_write_message'
    94473284 t _decode_krb5_ticket
    a43d4ee4 s _gss_mech_krb5
    a43d4ee8 s _gss_mech_krb5_old
    9448e6f8 t _krb5_init_ets
    9446ff90 t _krb5_write_message

    I'm new to Mac OS X, so I suspect I'm missing something about the way
    linking works in this environment. I also made the possibly-naive
    assumption that I could link to the Mac OS X Kerberos libraries the
    same way I would build with the MIT libraries, as the OS X Kerberos seems
    to be a port of MIT.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    -- Ed
    --
    Ed Ravin | "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as
    | well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the
    eravin@ | streets, and to steal bread."
    panix.com | --Anatole France, Le Lys Rouge [1894]

  2. Re: ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos?

    Ed Ravin wrote:

    > I'm new to Mac OS X, so I suspect I'm missing something about the way
    > linking works in this environment. I also made the possibly-naive
    > assumption that I could link to the Mac OS X Kerberos libraries the
    > same way I would build with the MIT libraries, as the OS X Kerberos seems
    > to be a port of MIT.

    C-Kermit does not build for MacOSX with Kerberos because it relies on
    some interfaces and symbols which are considered private and are not
    exported by the libraries.

    I have placed an untested binary built on MacOS X at

    /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/kermit/kermit.macosx103.secure
    http://web.mit.edu/jaltman/Public/ke...cosx103.secure

    Unfortunately, source is not available.

    Jeffrey Altman

    --

  3. gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr in kerberos 5-1.4.1

    where are the host commands in netdb.h of kerberos 5-1.4.1-gssrpc? how
    can they be replaced?