Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server - Kerberos ; Hi All, I'm taking in a login and password on a windows client app, and would like to authenticate against a MIT Kerberos implementation. I found the following site http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/#KFW2.6.5 which looks like it has what I'm looking for. To ...

  1. Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server

    Hi All,

    I'm taking in a login and password on a windows client app, and would
    like to authenticate against a MIT Kerberos implementation.

    I found the following site
    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/#KFW2.6.5 which looks like it has
    what I'm looking for.

    To be more specific I'm trying to validate a user in a Apple
    OpenDirectory environment, where I believe the Apple setup now uses the
    MIT Kerberos system.

    Can someone tell me if I'm on the correct track at least please?

    Thanks
    Warrick FitzGerald

  2. Re: Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server

    Using KFW to talk to an Apple OpenDirectory server will work fine.
    There are probably other solutions that will work too.

    Assuming DNS is correctly configured (unlikely) you may just be able
    to use SSPI calls on XP and above.