Commercial use of MIT Kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Commercial use of MIT Kerberos - Kerberos ; Dear Sir : Would you please tell me how to get the written permission of MIT before I use Kerberos for commercial use. Best Regard, James Wu ARES International Corp. A Taiwan base company ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos...

  1. Commercial use of MIT Kerberos

    Dear Sir :

    Would you please tell me how to get the written permission of MIT before I use Kerberos for commercial use.

    Best Regard,

    James Wu

    ARES International Corp.

    A Taiwan base company

  2. Re: Commercial use of MIT Kerberos

    The license is available here:

    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5...html#Copyright

    Among, I am sure, other places. The gist of it is that you don't
    need the written permission of MIT to use Kerberos for commercial
    use, nor will MIT endorse or support your commercial use of the
    software. International use of Kerberos may be subject to US export
    law; see here: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html
    I'm pretty sure you're fine, but I don't speak for MIT here; I am
    neither a lawyer nor a member of the Kerberos team, just an alum
    who happens to use Kerberos.

    Hope this helps,

    -r.

    On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 05:30:37PM +0800, XdXXXF(James Wu) wrote:
    > Dear Sir :
    >
    > Would you please tell me how to get the written permission of MIT before I use Kerberos for commercial use.
    >
    > Best Regard,
    >
    > James Wu
    >
    > ARES International Corp.
    >
    > A Taiwan base company