New to kerberos on Linux, need help on realm etc. - Kerberos

This is a discussion on New to kerberos on Linux, need help on realm etc. - Kerberos ; I am using a linux server in a Windows 2003 environment and need kerberos running for some squid authentication. My first question concerns realms. Do I make the one linux box that I have the realm or do I point ...

  1. New to kerberos on Linux, need help on realm etc.

    I am using a linux server in a Windows 2003 environment and need kerberos
    running for some squid authentication. My first question concerns realms. Do
    I make the one linux box that I have the realm or do I point to my Active
    Directory and use its fully qualified name?

    Once I figure this out I will go on to "Cannot contact any kdc for requested
    realm while getting..." My time is set within the 5 minutes of the Active
    Directory.

    I know these are basic questions but I did not have any luck on the
    internet.

    Thanks
    Gary

  2. Re: New to kerberos on Linux, need help on realm etc.

    Gary Hostetler wrote:

    >I am using a linux server in a Windows 2003 environment and need kerberos
    >running for some squid authentication. My first question concerns realms. Do
    >I make the one linux box that I have the realm or do I point to my Active
    >Directory and use its fully qualified name?
    >
    >Once I figure this out I will go on to "Cannot contact any kdc for requested
    >realm while getting..." My time is set within the 5 minutes of the Active
    >Directory.
    >
    >I know these are basic questions but I did not have any luck on the
    >internet.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Gary

    http://www.wown.com/articles_tutoria...Directory.html