host name canonicalization - Kerberos

This is a discussion on host name canonicalization - Kerberos ; It is my understanding that version 1.3.1 of MIT gss_import_name canonicalizes host names using DNS. Does the latest version of MIT GSSAPI canonicalize host names? Is it possible to configure this behavior? Microsoft supports the KDC option NAME_CANONICALIZE (15) -- ...

  1. host name canonicalization

    It is my understanding that version 1.3.1 of MIT gss_import_name
    canonicalizes host names using DNS. Does the latest version of MIT GSSAPI
    canonicalize host names? Is it possible to configure this behavior?

    Microsoft supports the KDC option NAME_CANONICALIZE (15) -- see
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...910f92f28.mspx.
    Does this mean host name canonicalization on the KDC? Does MIT support KDC
    option 15?

    Thanks.

    Frank

  2. Re: host name canonicalization

    Frank> It is my understanding that version 1.3.1 of MIT
    Frank> gss_import_name canonicalizes host names using DNS. Does
    Frank> the latest version of MIT GSSAPI canonicalize host names?
    Frank> Is it possible to configure this behavior?

    Yes it does and no it is not, although an option to configure this
    behavior has been added and will appear by the 1.5 release.

    Frank> Microsoft supports the KDC option NAME_CANONICALIZE (15) --
    Frank> see
    Frank> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...910f92f28.mspx.
    Frank> Does this mean host name canonicalization on the KDC?

    no. It has to do with user name canonicalization.

    Frank> Does
    Frank> MIT support KDC option 15?

    not at this time.