Greetings.

I'm posting this question for my colleague, who's not on the list:

Hello,

We heard that krb5-1.4.x would support the protocol (RPCSEC_GSS ?)
necessary to allow a Solaris 10 kadmin client to work with an MIT
kadmind.

We tried upgrading our MIT server to 1.4.1 and we still cannot get it to
work.

We also heard that you need to add a principal of the form:
kadmin/kdc_name

I was unable to get clarification on the format of kdc_name. We've
tried:

kadmin/hostname.domain
kadmin/hostname
kadmin/cname (our cname for our kerberos server is 'kerberos' )

Nothing made a difference.

Here are our symptoms:

test1$ uname -a
SunOS test1 5.10 Generic_118822-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

test1$ kadmin
Authenticating as principal user/admin@TESTDOMAIN.COM with password.
Password for user/admin@TESTDOMAIN.COM:
kadmin:
kadmin: listprincs
get_principals: Communication failure with server while retrieving list.
kadmin:

Can anyone give us some pointers ?

Thanks in advance.

Rainer Heilke