RE: building kerberos on 64 bit processor - Kerberos

This is a discussion on RE: building kerberos on 64 bit processor - Kerberos ; Since you're on Linux, I would add that gcc will need to be built as 64bit. Otherwise, it may still build Kerberos as 32bit, because it's all (your version of) gcc knows. Rainer > -----Original Message----- > From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu > ...

  1. RE: building kerberos on 64 bit processor

    Since you're on Linux, I would add that gcc will need to be built as
    64bit. Otherwise, it may still build Kerberos as 32bit, because it's all
    (your version of) gcc knows.

    Rainer

  2. Re: building kerberos on 64 bit processor

    On May 9, 2005, at 16:55, Heilke, Rainer wrote:
    > Since you're on Linux, I would add that gcc will need to be built as
    > 64bit. Otherwise, it may still build Kerberos as 32bit, because it's
    > all
    > (your version of) gcc knows.

    If it is a system that has a 32-bit mode and the compiler defaults to
    32-bit mode (the original poster didn't say *what* kind of 64-bit
    system it is), then at least for some architectures it should be
    sufficient to give gcc the right option(s) to generate 64-bit code.
    There does seem to be a bug in our current release where the CFLAGS
    value specified at configure time isn't always passed to all
    invocations of the compiler, so I'd recommend passing the option via
    CC, kind of like this command that should build a 64-bit build on
    Solaris:

    $ ./configure --prefix=... CC='gcc -m64'

    Ken