Daulton_Theodore wrote:
> I am trying to build and install krb5-1.6.3 on Solaris 10 but I keep
> getting the following error message from ./configure.
>

> Configure: cannot find res_nsearch or res_search

my output of configure for krb5-1.6.3 on Solairs 10 shows:

82 checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
83 checking for main in -lresolv... yes
84 checking for res_ninit... yes
85 checking for res_nclose... yes
86 checking for res_ndestroy... yes
87 checking for res_nsearch... yes
88 checking for ns_initparse... yes
89 checking for ns_name_uncompress... no
90 checking for dn_skipname... yes
91 checking for res_search... yes

It probably means the test program did not compile,
maybe for some other reason.
grep "checking for res_nsearch" config.log
to see what was the test and why it failed.

I use /usr/sfw/bin/gcc.

> Any suggestions as to how to get past this would be appreciated.

> Daulton Theodore
>
> Systems Department,Carleton University Library
>
> Email: daulton_theodore@carleton.ca
>

> Vmail: (613) 520-2600 ext:8352

Douglas E. Engert
Argonne National Laboratory