From: Henry B. Hotz
Subject: Re: Application to extract Kerberos Cerdential
To: "krbdev@mit.edu"
Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 10:45 PM

On Sep 10, 2008, at 9:17 AM, krbdev-request@mit.edu wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Rahul Kohli
> Subject: Application to extract Kerberos Cerdentials
> To: krbdev@mit.edu
>
> Hi All,
> ?
> I am using Kerberos Client installed on HP-UX with?Active Directory
> 2003 (KDC Server).?I have verified the setup to be?working fine
> using Kinit and Klist utilities installed with Kerberos Client.
> ?
> I need to develop a sample C/C++ application that can extract User's
> kerberos credentials from the browser HTTP request and pass it to
> Kerberos Client for validation with KDC Server.
> ?
> Please suggest how can we extract user's kerberos credentials from
> Browser. Where can I get details of the API's to be used for this
> purpose.
> ?
> Thanks,
> Rahul
> ?

I think this kind of question belongs on the kerberos@mit.edu list,
since it's not specific to the MIT implementation. I've set the reply-

to header accordingly.

I don't understand the application you're proposing. Is it possible
that what you want is really a web server module like mod_auth_kerb?
I can't imagine why you would want a *browser* to check a user's
credentials because the user owns the browser and can run whichever
one he/she wants, including a custom-modified one.

For the normal usage scenarios the "extraction" process happens
automatically as part of some other task. If you can tell us what
you're trying to do, then perhaps we can point you at the right API's.