Kerboros explain - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerboros explain - Kerberos ; Hi In the operation of the Kerberos protocol, why Authentication Server , when delivering the TGT, does not directly issued the service ticket? (so I do not see why have complicated the protocol by introducing the TGS) -- View this ...

  1. Kerboros explain

    Hi

    In the operation of the Kerberos protocol, why Authentication Server , when
    delivering the TGT, does not directly issued the service ticket? (so I do
    not see why have complicated the protocol by introducing the TGS)

  2. Re: Kerboros explain

    Its a mater of "cost". Authentication of a server, service, any entity
    requires system resources, it is expensive in time as well as cup cycles,
    system memory, setup cost, etc.

    a reasonable comparison is found in computational differences in sending
    encryption. A lot of upfront effort is invested in protecting key
    distribution, but once done the actual transmission of encrypted data can be
    accomplished at greatly reduced "cost" based on preexisting session or
    historical identity.

    Renewing TGT/TGS is much faster than the initial setup.

    news:mailman.44.1217865479.3905.kerberos@mit.edu.. .