I have a special installer (NSIS) that first installs KfW and then starts
the NIM so the user can enter their Kerberos password and then accesses a
server via SSH/GSSAPI.

On Win XP, this works fine. Vista on the other hand seems to run the NIM
in a different context or session or something. It's running as the same
user, but credentials available via the NIM are not available via command
line clients (ie running klist from the command line says there's no
credentials even though the NIM says there are).

If I run "Process Explorer", I see there are 2 - krbcc32s.exe processes
and I presume that means they are using separate credentials caches?

Is there any way to force a NIM that was started via an installer so it
uses the same credential cache as the command line kinit/klist/kdestroy?